Reach Canada Program
REACH (Remove and Eradicate Antisemitism & Cyber Hate) is FOA’s online training program, meant to equip individuals and communities with the knowledge and tools necessary to monitor & report antisemitic content on social media.
The ‘REACH Canada’ training program was brought to you in cooperation with CAEF (Canadian Antisemitism Education Foundation) and DARA (Doctors Against Racism and Antisemitism), and was kindly supported by the Maspik! Coalition.
Participants attended five live sessions:
● Introductory Session: Introduction to the program, online hate speech and antisemitism, the importance of stopping online hate speech and antisemitism, local challenges.
● Basic Training Session: Participants were introduced to IHRA’s working definition of antisemitism and the community guidelines of the leading social media outlets. Participants then learned how to identify, monitor, and report antisemitic content on social media.
● Mentoring Session: Live monitoring, distinguishing between reportable and non-reportable content.
● Webinar with a Keynote Speaker
● Summary Session: Discussion + concluding remarks: How can individuals & communities work together to fight hate and antisemitism? and future volunteering opportunities.
Participants also participated in a reporting challenge. After each session, learning materials (including a written summary of the content + links to the recording of each meeting) was sent to the participants.
The program started on November 13, 2022, and lasted for four weeks. 40 North American participants took part in the program.
Information about the Organizers =>
FOA is a non-profit organization dedicated to combating antisemitism and cyberhate through volunteer training, reporting antisemitic content on social media, and raising awareness of the phenomena of cyberhate. Since 2022, FOA has successfully executed four cycles of a training program like the one proposed here.
DARA is a notable Canadian grassroots volunteer-based organization of health care professionals. Established in 2009, DARA has achieved many accomplishments (http://daradocs.org/about-us/) and has a significant outreach (700 community members).
CAEF is a federally registered charity, educating people about antisemitism with a current focus on antiZionism. CAEF works with others to build bridges, support persecuted minorities, and actively combat Jew-hatred.